There is a lot of scepticism felt as to whether Learning to Drive and getting your license in one week is good practice.
Some companies offering this one week course have one objective-to make money quickly.
The first time pass rate for some of these companies is merely 27%!!
The reason for this is simple.
19 hours of lessons for a complete beginner is usually inadequate!
At Intiuition we do things differently.......our intensive courses really do work!
For complete beginners we recommend a 30 hour driving course.
This is generally 9am til 5pm Monday to Friday (including breaks)
We do not encourage people to take their test on the Friday at the end of this week...
1) After driving all day you run the risk of being too exhausted to focus for the test
2) There may be an element of your driving that needs further practice and polish and this creates an oppportunity to do this in the following week .
Any subsequent lessons will be at the normal hourly rate.
Our first time pass rate for Intensive Courses is 80% We must be getting it right!
"Learning to drive in a week doesn't give you enough road experience"
- 30 hours driving is a consolidated equivalent to the Dsa recommended 40 hours of weekly lessons ( no time consuming recap of previous lesson required)
- Driving throughout the day provides experience of varying traffic conditions (rush hour, School pick-up time etc)
"Don't get a chance to experience bad weather "
- Wet or dry? Learn in summer or winter? Our weather is in the lap of the Gods in this country and some learners across 6 months may never experience rain!!
- Any weather that is bad enough to be of real value to experience would not be weather conditions that any professional Driving Instructor would recommend a learner to learn in- We have a Duty of Care to assess the risks for our clients.